Hi I’ve been a bit up and down over the last couple of weeks on what to make…
This pandemic has been hard on everyone and I generally have highs and low times. Crafting and creating have been very helpful but sometimes I just want to do nothing.
But collaging seems to my outlet right now. It seems relaxing and quite therapeutic so I’m going with it. I’ve given myself a few mini challenges:
1. Use only an ‘odd’ number of items so basically 1,3,5,7,9 etc.
2. Only use 5 items and no more, I can utilise the background paper but that isn’t included in the 5 items but it helps with the astetic of the piece.
3. Use only one colour to enhance the piece ie: I could use vintage papers with a splash of an accent colour.
So I’ve been having fun glueing… Also doing some maths too!! 😂😂😂
Some others I’ve enjoyed
Most of these I have been using my Red Notes journal, my birthday present I purchased from Barbara @49dragonflies
The Red Venetian Lady, as I call her, was a 5 items Snail Mail Swap Challenge set up by Barbara @49dragonflies and her swap partners Maud Heimstra and Maureen Astrid on Instagram.
My swap partner was the lovely Kari Gibson @karigibsonart on YT and IG.
She sent me my 5 items on this page and they are:
1. The Red Venetian Lady
2. The peacock print paper
3. The music paper with the Heart Now you can see on the right poking out
4. An old vintage letter… Where I have enhanced visually the Darling Mother from the letter
5. The snippet roll she created herself and sent it to me… The whole roll as well. I just used a piece at the bottom of the collage
I added the little tag with her message on the back by attaching it with a black brad.
I choose this page as I thought the moths on the opposite page complemented the red lady. 😁
I videoed the process if you’d like to see it, it’s on my YT channel, in part 2 is this collage, you can also see in part 1 what I sent to her and there is a link to her channel showing what she did with my 5 items I sent to her.
It was fun and quite challenging as I was a bit out of my comfort zone with this type of image and the peacock paper but I was happy how it turned out in the end.
Last but not least I sent this card with my friends Happy Mail to the Netherlands she finally received it this week so I was happy, took about 3 weeks to get there.
I have some other collages I can show you but that’ll be next time..
Stay safe and take care
Elaine xx ❤️